To say that these are yummy is just unfair. They. Are. Glorious. Oh man, my mouth is watering just thinking about them. Make them. Today if possible.
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 crushed peppermint candy canes
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie mix as according to package and spread in a greased, foil-lined baking dish. (They recommend a 15x10, but I only have a 13x9, so whatever.) Bake until the toothpick comes out clean and cool completely.
While waiting for the brownies to cool, beat together the confectioners' sugar, 7 tablespoons of butter (melted), cream and peppermint extract until it is well blended. Cover the cooled brownies and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Microwave the chocolate and remaining stick of butter on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir together until all is blended and spread over the chilled brownies. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and return to fridge until the chocolate hardens. Cut into small bars. Trust me, you'll want them small.